The City of St. Charles operates under a Home Rule Charter, governed by four (4) at-large Councilmembers and the Mayor.
As the legislative body of the City, the Council is responsible for passing ordinances, resolutions, orders, and motions for the governing of the city, the control of the city's property and finances, and the appropriation of money. These actions are taken at public meetings which are held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month in the Council Chambers of city hall at 830 Whitewater Avenue. The general public is welcome to attend the meetings and offer comment on these actions.
The Council works with the city administration as well as other governmental entities and community organizations to develop worthwhile policies. The Council also appoints its own members of the public to serve on various boards and commissions, which propose or make recommendations to the Council on policy.
As elected representatives of the city's citizens, the members of the Council welcome citizen questions, concerns and comments.
For information about the meetings, call the Office of the City Administrator at 507/932-3020. Agendas and meeting minutes are available on this website or can be received via email.
The current adopted City policy (or code) that governs many of the operations of the City can be found here:
- #550 Ordinance amending utility billing practices
- #552 Vacating A Portion of the Old Cartway
- #553 St Charles Noise Amendment (v 3) 051612
- #557 Sump Pump Requirements (v 3) 101212
- #561 Amending the Accessory Building Definition
- #562 Amending electric utility rates
- #563 (Amending the Residency Requirement
- #564 Amending the Zoning Map (Conlin) R-3 District(a)
- #568 Vacating Portions of Right of Ways and easements with Whispering Greens Addition
- #569 Emergency ordinance for Sale of ATD Property 073014
- #570 Vacating a 10' DE Whitewater Industrial
- #571 Mayor and Council compensation ordinance
- #572 Amending Sewer Rates
- #574 Amending Water Rates
- #576 Amending Special Vehicle Use(v2)
- #577 Dangerous Dog FINAL
- #578 Amending the Zoning Map and C-1 District(v1)
- #579 Amending the Parking Requirements 06042015
- #580 Vacating Alley-Birges First-Bluff Avenue
- #581 Amending Storm Water Rates
- #582 Amending the General Regulations Fencing 152
- #584 Allowing for Chickens
- #585 Renaming Brubaker Drive to Geib Boulevard
- #586 Social Host Ordinance
- #587 Ordinance Opting out of Requirements of MN Statutes, Section 462.3593
- #588 Amending the Zoning Map andC-1 District J&S Auto
- #589 Sale of Land Envirolastech(Signed)
- #590 Amending Sewer Rates
- #591 Setting Administrative Fees 2017
Proposed Ordinance Amendments